Internal Regulations 2014
Changes in the environment in which standardization operates as well as experiences made in practice resulted in a revision of the Internal Regulations.
The objectives of this amendment were:
- to place greater emphasis on the internationally recognized principles of standardization;
- to promote transparency both in the run-up to standards development and during standards preparation proper;
- to raise awareness of the fact that persons contributing to standardization do so in the interest of the organizations that nominated them;
- to implement the provisions of Regulation (EU) No. 1025/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council on European standardization;
- to differentiate more clearly the status and role of ONR specifications from ÖNORM standards.
The most important changes are:
- More opportunities to have a say: Already in the run-up to standardization work, comments can be submitted on proposals for setting up a new committee or workshop and on proposals for developing or revising an ÖNORM or ONR.
- Information on who takes part in the work of committees: The website of Austrian Standards will list the enterprises/organizations represented for each committee and each workshop. For individuals, the profession will be specified.
- Establishment of a conciliation board to which complaints can be referred.