Status on 02 May 2022
Austrian Standards has supported the measures taken to contain the corona virus from day 1 on.
The corona pandemic raises enormous challenges for our society and economy. To prevent an exponential spread of the COVID-19 virus again, we all are called upon to comply with a series of hygiene measures.
We care for your and our health.
We recommend you to follow the following safety rules on our premises:
- Please wear your FFP2 mask especially when you cannot keep a safe distance of 2 meters to other persons.
- Avoid forming groups.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or a handkerchief.
- Do not shake hands when greeting/saying goodbye.
- Disinfect your hands when you enter and leave our building. Disinfectant dispensers are available on the ground floor and on the first floor.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- When you feel ill, please return home and get tested.
Access to standards on site:
Our Customer Area is open during the following hours:
Monday to Thursday from 08.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. and
Friday from 08.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
We are available to you by phone or e-mail:
Our staff predominantly works from home. You can contact us as usual based on our normal business contact data.
Monday to Thursday from 08.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. and
Friday from 08.00 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
You can contact our Welcome Desk as follows:
Telephone: +43 1 213 00 0
E-mail: [email protected]
We hope that this challenging time will end soon so that we can welcome you to the House of Standards as usual.
Thank you very much for your kind understanding!
- Free download: Community face coverings - CWA 17553:2020 06
- Important information for your visit to Austrian Standards: The following hygiene procedures must be respected
Our Customer Service (product-related inquiries: +43 1 213 00-300, [email protected]) and our Support Line (technical inquiries: +43 1 213 00-888, [email protected]) are available for your inquiries as usual during regular office hours.
Our online tools for ordering, applying and managing standards (Webshop, effects, Lesesaal, etc.) are fully accessible as usual.
Committee meetings will continue to be held as web conferences until 30 April 2022.
International Standardization Organizations
ISO: No physical meetings of ISO technical committees or working groups will take place until 30 April 2022 — they will be postponed or held virtually (www.iso.org).
CEN: CEN and CENELEC Meeting Centre offers a partial re-opening starting End of March 2022. More details regarding the re-opening and technical meetings can be found on the CEN/CENELEC website (www.cencenelec.eu).
In-person, online and hybrid seminars
Many training formats and certification activities have gone digital. In-person meetings are held in compliance with current measures designed to contain the spread of the corona virus.
Current information is available at:
Availability and capacity of notified bodies to carry out conformity assessments for COVID-19-related medical devices and in vitro diagnostic medical devices
1. The following link leads to a document of the European Commission, which provides useful information on the 'Legal framework and route to the market'.
In the Joint European Roadmap towards lifting COVID-19 containment measures adopted on 15 April 2020, the Commission committed to provide information on the availability and capacity of conformity assessment bodies and to share it with market operators. In this context, the Commission conducted a survey with notified bodies in charge of the certification of COVID-19-related medical devices and in vitro diagnostic medical devices earlier this month. These notified bodies can be found via the following link
2. EU - Guidance on regulatory requirements for medical face masks - Options for supporting production and/or placing on the market of medical face masks in the context of COVID-19 pandemic: