Participate in COmmittees
The experts participating in committees represent the parties interested in a specific topic of standardisation. They decide whether something gets standardised and define the material contents of the standard – both, during the development of national standards (ÖNORM) as well as while participating in European and international standards-projects.
Responsibilities & Requirements
An expert ...
- ... is interested in the topic
- ... is competent, e.g. through relevant education or practical experience
- ... observes technical developments on a regular basis
- ... has foreign language competence (particularly in English for European and international standardisation)
- ... requires personnel, time and financial resources.
At the committee...
- ... the experts prepare themselves on every point of the conference's agenda
- ... they participate in the development of CEN and ISO documents as well as in national standards suggestions
- ... they attend meetings regularly or participate by correspondence
- ... they make use of the right to make proposals and the right to vote
- ... and show willingness to consent