Certification of indoor lighting engineers according to ONR 151080 or outdoor lighting engineers according to ONR 151070.
Who can obtain a certificate?
Natural persons who completed training to become "indoor lighting engineers" or "outdoor lighting engineers" to the extent of at least 48 hours based on the contents of ONR 151080 or ONR 151070.
In addition, applicants must have passed the secondary school leaving exam ("Matura") or the electrotechnical qualification exam (or equivalent) or provide evidence of at least three years of work in an occupation in the field of electrical or lighting engineering.
How to get a certificate
- Application for certification as "indoor lighting engineer" or "outdoor lighting engineer" using the application form (in German only).
- Submission of basic documentation on the qualifications to be certified and evidence on appropriate training.
- Presentation of a lighting project prepared by the candidate.
- Oral exam.
- After the positive evaluation of the presentation and the exam, the certificate "ON Certified Person" is issued.
- To maintain the certificate, certificate holders have to evidence 12 hours of further training per year in the field of specialized knolwedge according to ONR 151080 or ONR 151070 every three years.
- To extend the validity of the certificate, evidence on completed education and training has to be submitted and an oral re-certification interview has to be performed with a member of the examination board.
Here you can find all the information on the certification scheme for indoor lighting engineers (in German only).
Here you can find all the information on the certification scheme for outdoor lighting engineers (in German only).