According to the Standardization Act 2016, Austrian Standards International has to set up a Conciliation Board to which complaints may be submitted.
The Conciliation Board has the task to review decisions made by Austrian Standards International on the following issues:
1) Rejection or acceptance of a project proposal for standards development,
2) Refusal to admit a person nominated as a member,
3) Rejection of a comment,
4) Dismissal of a member or chairperson of a committee,
5) Establishment or disbandment of a committee upon the request of stakeholders
6) Balanced membership of a committee.
The members of the Conciliation Board (PDF, term 2018-2020) fulfil their tasks in an impartial way.
Please note: A fee of EUR 200 plus VAT has to be paid for each submission. This submission fee cannot be refunded.
Requests to the Conciliation Board are to be sent to schlichtungsstelle(at)austrian-standards.at.